Skip to main content

Postcard #1: Vatican

The one and only post office in Vatican
Postcards and travelling are so closely related.

I learned it for the first time when my friend told me that she has sent many postcards to Indonesia while she was staying in Germany. I laughed at her at first but the more I travel, I realized that even though postcards do not too popular in Indonesia, but it IS in other countries. And, postcards are the CHEAPEST authentic souvenirs you could buy wherever you are travelling!

From this, I get an idea to write about my postcards in Traveler's Passport. It might look so boring, but I hope through this post I could spread the "postcards fever" to all travelers around the world!

So, here is my first postcard in Europe - the one originated from Vatican. I sent it on July 2nd, 2012 from post office in Vatican.

The price for each postcard is around 50 cent - 1 Euro and the stamps costed around 1.60 Euro.



Since it was the first time, I sent three postcards to Indonesia and took picture from each of them! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Around Europe : Budget Land Transportations

Following my previous post regarding Budget Airlines in Europe, I would like to share information for Budget Land Transports in Europe. Since it's LAND transport, it will include bus, train, and car. BUS My - most recommended bus lines in Europe is EUROLINES . Why?  Because Eurolines connects every countries and big cities in Europe! So, you could just easily choose your destination country in Europe, and believe me - you could find there's Eurolines Bus go to that country! Beside of this, Eurolines often gives lots of offers to certain destination - where the lowest fare could be 9 Euros for 1 way !! However, you should buy this via online through Eurolines website or could visit their office in the nearest city/country. The last reason that could add your interest in Eurolines are their good services, comfortable seats, and overnight schedule. The overnight schedule usually available for more than 6 hours journey, like when I went to Krakow from Vienna. My b...

5 Makanan yang Tidak Boleh Terlewatkan di Vienna

Halo travelers! Setelah puas  berwisata kuliner di Yunani  dan Salzburg ,  sekarang mari kita bergeser sedikit ke kota lain yang juga berada di Austria. Kota ini merupakan ibukota dari Austria dan juga sering disebut sebagai pusat musik klasik di dunia. Seperti Salzburg, kalian dapat melihat kalau kota ini sarat akan karya seni - kalian dapat melihat orang-orang berkostum Mozart menjual tiket konser musik klasik di jalanan - alunan musik klasik di setiap toko souvenir - dan disini pula lah tempat salah satu Hall musik terbaik di dunia - Musikverein. Di kota "klasik" inilah, tempat wisata kuliner kita selanjutnya - VIENNA ! Prepare your stomach, travelers ! 1. Sacher Torte Source : sacher.com Sacher Torte - jawaban pertama yang akan muncul di google ketika kalian mencari mengenai kuliner di Vienna. Sacher Torter merupakan kue coklat khas Vienna yang merupakan kue hasil karya Franz Sacher di tahun 1832. Dari tahun 1832, popularitas Sacher Tort...

Berpetualang di Kota Musik, Salzburg

Salzburg, kota kecil yg terletak di perbatasan negara Austria dan Jerman. Oleh karena letaknya yang strategis, kota ini biasanya termasuk dalam salah satu tujuan wisata bagi para turis yang mengunjungi kota Munich, Jerman selatan. Pertanyaan pertama, bagaimana cara ke Salzburg?  Sebagai kota yang berada di perbatasan 2 negara - Jerman dan Austria, kalian dapat dengan mudah mengunjungi Salzburg melalui kota Munich, Jerman. Perjalanan dari Munich ke Salzburg dapat ditempuh dengan kereta atau kendaraan pribadi dengan jarak tempuh sekitar 2 jam. Oleh karena letaknya yang amat dekat dengan Munchen, kalian dapat menggunakan Bavarian Ticket - yaitu tiket khusus yang dapat digunakan 1 hari penuh di seluruh kereta Regional Munchen - termasuk kereta regional yang mengarah ke Salzburg. Tiket ini dapat dibeli dengan harga 29 Euro (2012) dan dapat digunakan oleh 5 orang. Jadi, sangat dianjurkan untuk membeli tiket ini apabila kalian hanya ingin menghabiskan 1 hari penuh di Salzburg b...