Skip to main content

All Around Europe : Döner

My all-time-favorite food in Europe : Döner !

The appetizing Doner Teller mit Pommes!
It feels funny to say that Doner is my favorite food while in Europe. Some of you might thing "WHAT?" or "HOW COME?" or maybe "She has a weird taste."

Well, you are right. There are LOTS of delicious foods here - so many cheese, bacons, sausages - but despite all of those MANY delicious European foods - I choose Döner!

Why I choose Döner? There are certain reasons for that.

1. It's cheap! 
The most common reason. Hahaha. It is the cheapest food - in the whole Europe. (Maybe to be exact, in all European countries I've visited) Usually, by spending 2 - 5 Euros you have already got a tasty Döner  Even, in Vienna, I found the cheapest Döner ever - it's only 1.50 Euros and tasted GREAT!

2. It is BIG.
Well, for me - as an Asian. One portion of Döner is equal to 2 normal meals. In the early week, I couldn't eat the whole Döner at once. I have to eat it at least twice - because it's too big. OF COURSE, it changed and as the times goes by 1 Döner is not enough for me. Hahaha.

One of the best Doner shop in Tubingen, Germany

3. Doner can be found everywhere! 
You could find Döner in train station, narrow street, city center, shopping mall, and other places! Döner is my first choice whenever I travel - most of the time.

4. Doner can be eaten while walking. 
The best option for travelers. I often buy doner whenever I change train and only have like 10 - 15 minutes left until my train departs. Döner Durum is the best choice to be eaten while travelling!

5. The unchanging taste. 
This is important - especially for you who do not like to eat weird or doubtful food. It often has similar taste - slightly salty, sweet or else. But, for me - it tastes similar no matter which country you are.






Since you have known my reason to choose Döner over others European foods - now I would like to  introduce you to the Döner family!

Here are the DONERS!


  • Doner Tasche 

The most common doner - and also the first doner I have ever tried in Europe. The sliced meat/chicken/lamb is placed on the pita bread with the salad, sauce and mayo. You could add french fries to the Doner in exchange with salad. The normal price is between 2 - 5 Euros.

Doner Tasche mit Pommes

Doner Tasche



  • Doner Teller 

This is the type of doner that is served on plate (German: teller). It consists of sliced meat/chicken/lamb with french fries and salad, sauce and mayo. For one portion of doner teller, you have to pay between 5 - 10 Euros.

Doner Teller mit Pommes


  • Doner Durum / Yufka 

This is the Doner that you usually find in Indonesia - and my favorite type of Doner. It consists of sliced meat/chicken/lamb and also salad, sauce and mayo and WRAPPED with the thin bread. Since it's wrapped like a cylinder, it is the easiest doner that can be eaten while walking. The price of Durum is between 2 - 5 Euros. Usually, it is 50 cents more expensive than Doner Tasche.

source : www.montecarlo.dk


  • Pom-Doner 

source :lieferando.de


Or you could say as pommes-doner. Pommes means french fries in German. So, you could tell that pom-doner is the doner that is served with french fries. So, it consists of sliced meat/chicken/lamb with salad, sauce and mayo and french fries. All of these will be put inside a box. For the price is between 2 - 5 Euros.







They are the DONERS I have met in Europe. Send my greetings when you meet the DONERS in Europe.
Say to them "PLEASE COME TO INDONESIA!"

Because I really AM craving for these doners right now!! 

(Again, it is a HUGE mistake to write about food at night. But, I have never learned. ;p )

NB: Do NOT ever compared the taste of Doner in Europe with Indonesia. It has HUGE difference in taste!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thessaloniki . . . where is it?

Raise your hand if you have the same question! Thessaloniki is the second-largest city in Greece and currently promoted as a new travel destination city in Greece. The white tower at night Actually, this city was not in my destination list and I visited this place purely because of Ryan Air. I really had no idea what kind of this city is and I found only little information about the travel destination in this city. That is why I eager to write some information about Thessaloniki, since you might have to visit this city if you are going to use Ryan Air. International Airport Macedonia First thing to note down - the Ryan Air's flight to Greece is often stopped in the International Airport Macedonia. This airport is 40 minutes away from the Thessaloniki city center. From the airport, you could take bus 78 and pay for less than a Euro. ( Everything is cheap in Greece! ) And for your information, you have to use your instinc to decide where you have to stop - because

All Around Europe : Local Airports Part I

This post is dedicated to all European budget airlines lovers! Airport - is the important place. This is where our travelling starts and ended. If we could not know where is the airport and how to get to the airport, than our travelling will be a mess. Since I travel a lot with European budget airline,  I have to invest more time to look for the information regarding the airports used in budget airports, especially the location and how to get there (most important!).  Most of the budget airline (esp. Ryan Air) are using local airports which is located far (away) from the city. Beside the location, these local airports also do not have varieties of public transportation access. Therefore, I decided to compile the information regarding these-out-of-nowhere local airports in Europe. I hope it could help all European budget airlines lovers! :) After did some listing, I realised there will be too much information here - that might make you explode. Therefore, I decided to divide the

Menjelajahi Eropa Tengah Part IV-C (FINAL) : Musik Klasik dan Vienna

Sampai juga kita di cerita perjalanan saya yang terakhir di kota Vienna. Setelah berkeliling kota Vienna selama dua hari ( Tur part 1 , Tur part 2 ), di pos yang terakhir ini, saya akan memfokuskan untuk menulis tentang musik klasik yang identik dengan kota Vienna.  Enjoy reading! Musik klasik dan Vienna – merupakan 2 hal yang tidak bisa dipisahkan. Bagaimana tidak, mengingat banyak sekali composer music klasik terkenal yang berasal dari ibukota Negara Austria ini. Mozart, Chopin, Johan Strauss adalah sebagian composer ternama yang berasal dari Austria. Karya mereka masih sering diperdengarkan dan dibuat menjadi ratusan album hingga saat ini. Konser Musik klasik di Musikverein, Vienna Melihat dari sejarah perkembangan music klasik di Negara Austria, banyak sekali wisatawan asing dan juga pecinta music klasik rela untuk terbang jauh-jauh ke Austria untuk belajar music klasik dan juga menonton konser music klasik yang selalu digelar setiap harinya di Austria. Dari s